In today’s busy world, it is difficult to make a homemade pork roast that is delectable and juicy. Can you imagine marinating, searing and roasting it? Probably took more than 1 hour to make. But now thanks to pressure cooker that you can enjoy flavorful healthy pork roast in a fraction of the time.
To make luscious pork pot roast considers this handy recipe for two. You will need:
One and half pounds of pork shoulder roast, cut into one inch cubes to serve two people. Double this for four and adjust the following ingredients as needed.
The seasonings for this include:
- Juice from half a lemon
- one half cup of chopped onions
- three minced garlic cloves
- fifteen ounces of diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- one tablespoon of turmeric
- one half teaspoon of coriander
- one cup of beef stock
- two tablespoons of sunflower oil
- one tablespoon parsley
- sea or kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper.
How to Cook
Begin this recipe with:
- Take the cubed meat and raise it well. Please pat it dry.
- Sprinkle it to cover with the lemon juice and season with sea or kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. This mixture should be set aside for one hour to allow the lemon juice to marinate the meat. Lemon juice helps tenderize the meat making it softer and juicier.
- Next, please add the sunflower oil to the pressure cooker. This needs to be heated.
- Once it is hot enough brown the pork cubes until the meat is no longer pink.
- Watch the meat and do not overcook it, just the outside needs to be white. It can be removed from the cooker and set aside once it is finished.
- The onion and garlic should be introduced into the same oil and sautéed for three to five minutes. Re-add the pork as well as bringing in the tomatoes, tomato paste, turmeric, coriander, and beef stock at this time.
- Place the lid on the cooker and lock it down. Cooked on high pressure, or fifteen psi.
- After the target pressure is reached, the temperature can be lowered but watched to keep the pressure in the target range.
- The meat should cook for ten to fifteen minutes before the pressure is allowed to ease off naturally.
- Final serving should be garnished with parsley.
As you can see cooking with pressure cooker takes far less time than using the oven. From start to finish, including marinating is one hour and thirty minutes. You can have a delicious, low fat, hearty meal for two from your pressure cooker. Doubling this to four is easy, and you can also add potatoes or other vegetable to it. This makes a fantastic hearty meal, perfect for any time of the year.